- Contemporary West Coast architecture designed by Integra Architecture Inc.
- Classic modern interiors by Virage Design
- Open concept layouts with flex space in every home
- Polished concrete floors with radiant in-floor heating and cooling
- Innotech Tilt and Turn European windows and doors with sleek integrated window coverings
- Solid core suite entry door with quality hardware
- 5-Year plumbing/heating/ventilation and building envelope Service Contracts
- 2/5/10 New Home Warranty
- Custom Kitchens with two colour scheme optionsfeaturing Blu Motion soft close mechanism on all kitchen drawers
- Grohe Kitchen Faucet with pull out spray nozzle
- 6-Piece premium appliance package
- AEG stainless 4 burner electric cooktop
- AEG stainless steel self cleaning oven
- AEG Titanium Fridge
- Blomberg ENERGY STAR dishwasher
- LG Front loading washer and condensing dryer
- Custom Kitchen and Bathroom cabinets are built topremium environmental standards
- Low flow plumbing fixtures throughout
- High efficiency indoor temperature regulation system combined with in–floor radiant heating andcooling
- Eneready HRV (heat recovery ventilation) units providing fresh air exchange every two hours
- High efficiency European Tilt and Turn windows with high performance insulation, UVA & B coating
- Roof mounted Solar UV thermal collectors providethe domestic hot water
- Efficient use of a natural energy source with a geothermal heat exchange system for heating and cooling
- Custom floating vanity cabinets in two colour scheme options with pullout drawer featuring under-mount sink and quartzite countertop
- Grohe single lever chrome faucet
- Custom mirrored medicine cabinet
- Slender Aquia II Toto dual flush toilet with elongated seat
- Showers and baths feature the hand held Hans Grohe showerhead with 24” adjustable wall bar and sleek tub spout. All showerheads feature the eco-air aerator valve to minimize water consumption
- “Serin” series soaker tub with 4”x16” gloss whitestacked ceramic tile bath surround
- Showers feature 4”x16” gloss white stacked ceramic tile with 2”x4” porcelain floor tiles in lightgrey and frameless glass wall
Ten Reasons To Live Local
- Low Strata Fees Approximately $0.31 per square foot. With the combination of using geothermal energy, Solar UV collectors and HRV system, LOCAL saves on energy consumption translating into cost savings for you.
- Quality Building LOCAL is targeted to attain both LEED Platinum and Passive House certification for environmentally conscious buildings.
- Geothermal Heating & Cooling Enjoy the benefits of geothermal cooling in the summer. The geothermal energy system transfer heat and cooling from the ground, allowing you to feel comfortable all year round while reducing your carbon footprint.
- Healthy, Clean, Fresh Air Fresh air ventilation unit in each home using Eneready’s high-tech Heat Recovery Ventilation system (HRV) that filters, dehumidifies, purifies and provides fresh air around the clock.
- Premium Appliance Package Appliances at LOCAL are targeted to be ENERGY STAR rated. Saves energy and fights climate change.
- Innotech Windows The security of these European-style Tilt and Turn windows and doors is second to none, providing multi-point locking hardware while affording the tightest seal to keep out wind and noise. Windows are UVA & B coated and provide added thermal insulation lowering energy costs.
- Durable Building Envelope The highly durable and decay resistant cedar wood is used for the outer covering of the building over rainscreen. Mineral wool is used for insulation and has higher density, providing better acoustical insulation, outstanding resistance to fire and does not lose functionality when wet.
- No Toxins LOCAL features “no urea formaldehyde added” interior wood products which include all doors, moldings, cabinets and hardwood. All paints and finishes have low to no harmful emissions (VOC). Enjoy your new home without that toxic ‘new home’ smell.
- Thoughtful Details Streamline Properties lead the industry in maximizing the use and efficiency of green technology, which in turn, saves you money. Such as motion controlled lighting to avoid wasting energy in all common areas and recycled rainwater for maintaining landscape.
- Convenient, Unique and Eclectic Neighbourhood Just a few steps off Commercial Drive, LOCAL is at the centre of the vibrant community, surrounded by shopping, eateries, cafés and nightlife. The area resonates with authenticity and originality that cannot be found elsewhere in Vancouver.
Efficient & Green Technology
- The highly durable and decay resistant cedar is used for siding over rainscreen
- Mineral wool insulation provides better acoustical insulation
Spray Foam Insulation
- Sprayed foam insulation creates the best thermal envelope
- Results in more efficient heating and cooling, bringing down energy costs
Heat Recovery Ventilation
- Continuous fresh filtered allergen free air is delivered every 2 hours.
- Prevents odor, mold, stuffiness, and condensation while keeping stale moist air out
Radiant Floor Heating
- Polished concrete in-floor radiant heating throughout
- The constant gentle warmth of in floor heating works together with the geothermal system
Geothermal Heat Exchange
- Uses the natural warmth of the earth to heat and cool the building
- Lowers the dependence on fossil fuels
- Domestic hot water heated by roof-top solar UV panels
- Desuperheater captures by-product heat that is normally lost
- High performance airtight windows and exterior doors
- Provides added thermal insulation lowering energy costs
Ventless Washer & Dryer
- ENERGY STAR certified washer and dryer
- Requires less water and energy per wash